Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Interests



Quote of the Day: "No one is Perfect, there are always Pros and Cons in life."


Quote of Another Day: "Life can is whatever. It can be climbing, it can be epic, it can be colourful, it can be sad, it can be happy, but life is definitely annoying."


Okay interests... I have many hobbies, but one thing I really enjoy is art. And by art I mean taking photographs, making Youtube videos (mostly about games) and drawing. I am horrible at drawing, and I hate painting. The main interest that I would like to elaborate on is taking photographs. Photography is great and easy art, you can express your feelings and emotions through photographs. 
"How? You don't draw the world when taking photographs, you only capture it. How would you express emotions through a still picture without even editing it? Drawing a picture to express your emotions make so much more sense!" 
I took many pictures on my family's trip to Australia last December. If you would just bother to scroll down, you can look at that chilli crab picture. It looks great in my opinion. And that same scene can be extremely ugly. 


A scenery photo can look horrible if you focus on the wrong object. An extremely boring scene can look nice in a photo. A photo can lie, even if unedited. (fast food burgers look so great in photos, but are horrible actually. Of course the burger also poses in front of the camera.) A photographer's best friend is of course, his camera and I don't own a camera. In Australia my father allowed me to use his big, fat camera that has a gigantic lens and probably costs over a thousand dollars. And yes post a comment on how we can express our emotions through taking a photograph.


Oh yes, I love music too. I have an interest in art and music ever since I was a little kid myself. When I was young, I would draw pictures everyday in the evening for my dad, myself and sometimes my mum. I would try and improvise on what characters to dray, but most of the time I tried to copy the style of cartoons (and anime) on television. 
I have been learning the piano ever since I was a little boy at the age of three. Somehow I am not at the Grade 8 yet, despite not failing any of my music examinations. My pre-grade 3 piano lessons were pretty slow as I was learning with a class. Eventually it was decided that the class was too slow and I needed a personal teacher. Right now I go to the teacher's house (which is near my house) for piano lessons. When I was young, however, I wanted to quit piano. Back then I did not appreciate my luck for learning music. I felt that it was too time consuming and too much of a responsibility. (Whatever...I was only in lower primary when I said that.) Right now, I love music and the arts much more. My favourite instruments are the human voice, the piano and strings. I love how these instruments sound like. I dislike loud woodwind and brass instruments like the trumpet and tuba. I love the soft tone of the voice, strings and piano, and these instruments can play epic tunes too. And we can express our emotions through music. Music is a joy, and music rocks! 

And post comments if you like music and art =)

No comments:

Post a Comment